A look under the hood
This website’s design, branding, logo, and graphic styles were all designed by me. I love designing websites for myself and playing with Photoshop and Illustrator.
This website was coded by me (of course). The website’s look and feel are based on a custom WordPress theme build on my WordPress starter theme which is a modified version of Underscores with Sass.
- Shrikhand Google Fonts for the page headings (in the banner)
- Raleway Google Fonts for the body typeface
- Advanced Custom Fields WordPress plugin powers Portfolio and Testimonials Custom CPT functionality I built into the website
- UpdraftPlus: For regular scheduled backups of the website onto my google drive
- Google Analytics for WordPress by MonsterInsights: Connects my website to Google Analytics
- Wordfence Security: For keeping hackers away
- Yoast SEO: Optimizes the website and blog for SEO and adds metadata for social media sharing.
- Akismet Anti-Spam: keeps spam away
- Duplicate Post: Helps to clone blog posts easily
- SyntaxHighlighter Evolved: Helps to add code snippets into the blog post
- Scriptless Social Sharing: Makes sharing blog posts easy and lightweight
- Related Posts By Taxonomy: Helps to display related posts below a blog post
- Smuch: Helps to optimize blog post images and lazy load
- Debug Bar: Helps in debugging the WordPress site via the WP Admin
- Show Current Template: Shows the current template file used by the theme
- Hosting: GoDaddy(which will change in 2021)
- Email Marketing: Mailchimp
- Icons: Font Awesome
- World Map SVG: Dryicons